Are you struggling to get to where you want to be in life? Are you a professional procrastinator? There are plenty of people out there that have the same struggles you do. The difference is how they solve the problem. One way people live their best life is by setting goals for themselves.
You can set goals for yourself too! You simply have to be brave enough to work for your achievements because reaching your goals isn’t always easy. It takes dedication and self-discipline to be successful. The great news is that reaching your goals isn’t impossible.
Do you want to live your best life? Then take a look at how to make goal-setting work for you in today’s blog.
Time Management is Key
The key to setting goals that you can reach is by developing a proper time management strategy. If you can complete small daily tasks then you’ll be able to start working on reaching bigger goals. But you must have a proper daily, weekly or monthly schedule.
Get a diary so you can schedule all your appointments for your workweek. Or create a chore list to get all your cleaning tasks done on time. You can create a schedule for all the different tasks you do during the day.
If you’re not sure how to develop proper time management you can always take up a course with Jacquie Case. In the course, you’ll learn easy tricks that will teach you how to optimise your time.
Developing Your Resilience
Before you start setting goals for yourself there is a key characteristic that you must develop within yourself. That characteristic is called resilience! Setting goals is the easy part but there are going to be challenges along the way.
You don’t want to give up on your aspirations when you have the first sign of trouble. You will have doubts along the way and you’ll have good and bad days. However, it’s important to not give up. Developing your resilience has the following benefits:
- You’ll be able to cope with stress better
- Experience lower rates of depression
- You’ll have greater satisfaction in life
- Helps maintain balance in your life
- You’ll feel more positive
On the other hand, you must take care of your well-being. If you’re feeling overwhelmed and you’re struggling to keep up with life’s demands then take a short break. Once you’re back on your feet you can start working on your goals again.
Why Set Goals for Yourself?
Top-level achievers, businessmen and even athletes always set goals for themselves. Setting goals gives you the motivation to want to achieve them. Additionally, it helps you focus your time on constructive tasks and it helps you develop time management skills.
You’ll also have a better quality of life according to science. When you achieve a goal your body releases dopamine which is known as a feel-good neurotransmitter because it makes you feel happy. What’s more, when you set goals and achieve them you will increase your self-confidence because you’ll recognise your abilities to be successful.
Tips on How to Set Smart Goals for Yourself
There are four types of goals that you can set for yourself such as the following:
- Stepping stone goals: This type of goal is small but it’s a stepping stone towards your bigger goals. For example, you want to become an artist or a musician. Your stepping stone goal will be to learn how to paint or play an instrument. The stepping stone goal to learn your new skill would be to set a time in your day to practice.
- Short-term goals: A short-term goal is something you want to achieve in the near future. Perhaps you want to buy a new bag or go to a festival. Your short-term goal would be to save money for the item or event you want to go to. A short-term goal can be achieved in a week or a month.
- Long-term goals: This type of goal is something you want to achieve in the future. These types of goals require extensive planning because it can take several years to achieve them. Some people use long-term goal setting to immigrate to another country.
- Lifetime goals: A lifetime goal is something major that you’d like to achieve over your lifetime. You have to work on these goals every day for many years in order to achieve them. Examples of lifetime goals include having a loving and trusting relationship with your partner. Or raising your children to be upstanding citizens.
Determine What Your Goals Are
To get started you must first determine what your goals are and put them into categories. You can use a piece of paper or a spreadsheet to list all your objectives. Then label them according to what type of goal it is whether it’s a stepping stone or long-term achievement.
Break Your Goals Down Into Manageable Sections
You won’t get far with achieving your objective if you try to complete all your goals in a short space of time. It takes time to be successful so you must have patience. The only way to achieve your objectives realistically is to break them down into smaller tasks.
Give yourself a timeline on how long it will take you to achieve all your small targets so you can reach your long-term goals.
Start Working on Your Success
Once you have your goals in place you can start working towards achieving them. For example, if you want to immigrate to another country in five years start researching and saving money for all the expenses. Work on your career so that you can find work abroad.
You can also add more categories to your goals for every area of your life such as education, work, relationships and quality of life.
If you want to improve your knowledge set goals on achieving a degree and make sure you complete your assignments on time. For work, you can take on more duties to show that you’re a team player and willing to help out where you can. With your quality of life, you can go out with friends more or have more experiences such as travelling.
What Happens if You Don’t Set Goals for Yourself?
Everyone should have goals no matter how small they are. If you don’t set goals for yourself you may find yourself feeling stuck and unhappy with your current situation. You won’t be focused on anything in particular and you’ll live a mundane life that feels stagnant.
Are you keen to start creating achievable goals for yourself? Do you want to build your self-love and start living your life to the fullest? You don’t have to feel overwhelmed about creating realistic goals for yourself. There are easy ones you can achieve first such as becoming fitter when you do exercises or saving money for an experience you’ve always wanted to have.
If you want to learn how to manage your time correctly so you can achieve your goals then you’ve come to the right place. Jacquie Case has a course to teach you how to plan your time effectively. What’s more, there’s also a course that helps to develop your resilience.
Visit the courses that Jacquie Case offers today that will help you develop key characteristics and skills to help you achieve your goals.